Saturday 20 December 2014

Lemon tart

This is my first real decent application of doing a pie crust based item. It is based on this recipe, but because it is for a 28 cm dish and mine is 20 cm, I cut down all amounts by 2/3.

The crust was decent. But next time, I think I will brown the crust more, add slightly more butter, and do not knead the dough (I kneaded it a but because I was afraid it would break).

For the record, for my 20 cm springform container, I used 180g AP flour, 33g castor sugar, 60g butter (but I think I need about 80g), one full egg, and lemon zest.

The blueberry jam mostly did not add to the taste and just added a visual element. It was too much anyway.

Instead of doing the lemon curd in a water bath, I just heated the juice, sugar mixture to boiling, turned down the fire to tiny, and then added the egg in a stream, stirring all the while.









No comments:

Post a Comment