Saturday 27 December 2014

Dinner with family

On the menu:
  1. Pork Rib stew with barley and lentils.
  2. Roast potatoes.
  3. Blanched French Beans with sesame dressing.
  4. Basmati pulao (rice).
  5. hard boiled egg on toast with balsamic vinegar and truffle essence.
  6. Cucumbers and cherry tomatoes with a clarified butter and sour cream dressing.
The pork rib stew was very nice. Basically, as mw pointed out, it seems like a version of my lentil soup but with pork ribs :-).

Roast potatoes and the blanched french beans were good and fast becoming a regular feature for me I think.

The basmati rice dish apparently was pleasing - last minute concoction though it is.

The egg dish was slightly disappointing. The toast was bad (I should buy better bread or make my own). The yolk was not buttery/moist enough. I think I can do this next time with poached egg.

The cucumber and cherry tomato salad was not pleasing. I think my dressing is just plain wrong. I might have done better by simply tossing them with the sour cream alone.

Roasted with clarified butter, salt and rosemary
hard boiled eggs on toast with balsamic vinegar and truffle essence
Pork rib stew. Unfortunately, the ribs are hidden in this picture.

Pulao (onions, ginger, star anise, cardamon, cinnamon, cumin and tumeric powder thrown in with a light hand)
second time with the french beans. Has a pretty refreshing taste.





No comments:

Post a Comment