Wednesday 9 July 2014

Would you believe I have never poached an egg before?

Well, here's my maiden attempt. The first one is sorta ok'ish looking. The second one, the yolk just separated from the whites.

Delicious with fresh black pepper. But then, I'm a sucker for eggs.

Just to record.

1. boil water till bubbles form in a pot with a good amount of water and some salt.
2. Remove pot from heat.
3. Put the egg into a soup ladle. Gently lower the ladle into the water and release the egg gently.
4. Wait for about 3 mins (if from fridge, a little longer).
5. Scoop out with ladle and transfer to a sieve and drain the excess water.

I think my eggs aren't very good. When I hard boiled them, from this batch, in a previous time, the yolk just goes to the outside of the egg - it doesn't stay centered. I need to find a good source of eggs.



No comments:

Post a Comment