Sunday 5 August 2018

Salmon en papillotte


Was already half eaten before I remembered to take a photo.

Anyway, "en papillote" but using aluminium foil and steam.

I took a thick piece of salmon, slashed it vertically and horizonally. Then rubbed dill pesto all over including the cuts. Dash of pepper and salt with a squeeze of lemon juice.

Steamed in wrapped packet for approx 20 mins (I used a thermometer to have it read 58C). Let it cook slightly further in residual heat without opening after taking it out. Could have used regular baking but my steam oven was already wet from a previous use.

The dill pesto was approximately this recipe: https://www.thespruceeats.com/lemon-dill-pesto-with-scandinavian-twist-2952900

Except I used pine nuts instead of walnuts. Also I found the raw garlic taste too strong, so I cooked the pesto in a pan for a few minutes on medium heat before applying.


No comments:

Post a Comment