Thursday 16 March 2017

Second try yam cake

I had a variety of feedback on the first try. Overall, I think impression was taste was ok (with different people liking or disliking slightly different things), but the texture was crumbly.

With my other yam, repeated again. The texture is much firmer this time. I also think it tastes better. What I did different this time was.
1. Same amount of flour, but about 20% of it was glutinous rice flour. The yam was slightly more this time so it amounted to less flour.
2. Slightly more lap cheong. Also sprayed a touch of Apple cider vinegar into the fluid used for the rice batter (to give it a longer finish).
3. After rendering the lap cheong for the oil, mix in the diced yams and stir them both around to coat with oil.
4. When moulding the cake, use a potato masher to tamp down the mix to compress it.
5. Used more Sakura prawns for the topping. After putting it on, tamp it down as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment