Thursday 20 March 2014

Third try at Baguette

This one looks the nicer looking of the 3 (don't know about taste yet - that's for breakfast tomorrow).

This time, I did not follow instructions and open the oven every 5 mins to spray water. First my oven isn't as hot as 550F, and every time I open the oven I lose heat. Instead I just lined the bottom of the oven with a tray and 2 bowls full of water and preheated the oven to max temp of 250C and have the the water boil furiously. Second I baked in the oven for longer 20 to 25 mins not 15.

The bottom of the loaf is white looking, but this time, no matter. When I want to eat, I'll turn on the grill and grill that side.

Made some herb butter as well. A bit dubious about it. The top one is thyme and rosemary. The bottom one is basil and garlic. For the first one, I got impatient and heated the butter in the microwave - big mistake. Hope its okay (can't see herbs - all sunk to the bottom).

Getting closer to a presentable baguette.




Breakfast the next morning below. Threw away the herbed butter with the Rosemary and Thyme - it didn't look good. Bread is pretty decent. Basil and Garlic herbed butter was nice but garlic is slightly overpowering (will add less next time).





No comments:

Post a Comment