Sunday 9 June 2013

Mushroom soup

Made mushroom soup today. Took the tea plant dried mushrooms and simmered it in the stock. I also put in 2 parsnips (sliced) into the (2 ingredient) mirepoix.

The result is a thick mushroom soup with an undertaste from the dried Chinese mushrooms similar to that from the mushrooms in a double boiled soup. The parsnips don't show up to my tongue though. It's slightly over salted because I forgot the stock had salt already and I made the elementary mistake of not tasting on the way. But it's not too bad, probably when eaten with bread.

Here's the result of about 600g of mushrooms. Good for one working day lunch for 2 (with bread and salad). With one bottle leftover (for starters in some other meal perhaps). Quite a lot of shrooms for seemingly small amount of soup.


1 comment:

  1. After note. The mushroom was well received by Mw. I had it for lunch and its pretty nice. The Chinese dried mushrooms were a nice tough though I wonder if it would be different with the dried porcini that it traditionally calls for.

    ReplyDelete