Saturday 25 May 2013

Lunch in 40 mins

Lunch today was pork chops and a salad. The pork chops were very nice. Was done in 40 mins (though a fairly frantic 40 mins :-)).

The pork chops were based on a french recipe, but with heavy modification:
- instead of whipping cream, I used plain yoghurt (partly coz I already had it on hand)
- no tomato puree
- an entire pkt of Chervil from Cold Storage + left over wan sui
- a bigger than normal dollop of Djion mustard.
- used flour to thicken the sauce

This was delicious. About  9 out of 10 in my personal scale. The djion mustard was the key ingredient. The chops were done just right. The only possible grumble I might have is that the chops could have been a touch more tender - but i don't see how I could have improved this with the pork chops I had unless I have a sous vide 8-) (I spent 15 mins at TOTT looking at the machine on Friday :-)).

Salad was my usual. Store bought salad leaves with homemade croutons and vinegrette with grated cheese.





No comments:

Post a Comment