Sunday 5 May 2013

Last Wed on May 1st, I had a lunch party.

I tried to do a Caesar Salad for the first time with home made garlic mayonnaise. The mayonnaise didn't seem promising at first (seems a bit thin and a bit too garlicky). Then I made the second mistake of rushing my hard boiled eggs and ended up with soft boiled instead.

Turned out not too bad. Serendipitously quite delicious actually. Once the Mayonnaise went into the salad leaves+rosemary roasted croutons+parmesean, the garlickiness smoothed out. Another discovery is ladling spoonfuls of the soft boiled egg (esp if it had the yolk) over the salad was very nice - i liked it.

I also did a pumpkin mash + mushroom + goat cheese in puff pastry that seemed ok. But i had a decent discovery with that too. In preparing the filling, I fried the mushrooms in butter. Then for some reason I decided to add balsamic vinegar. The result was a very sweet, savoury, tart mushroom stir fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment