Wednesday 22 July 2015

A different woking method

I tried doing the equivalent of stir frying without a wok. The rationale being a easier clean on a weekday night.

I used a happy call pot. Very light and with a very slick non stick ceramic surface. I cut all my ingredients very small. Then I stir fried over as high a heat as I can get on my stove. To simulate the tossing action, I donned oven mitts, took the handles of the pot and proceeded to toss the ingredients over the high heat. 

Result. Not quite wok hei, but gets within shouting distance. I think the lacking ingredient may be the gas fire (home gas doesn't quite cut it). The one I tested before with a real wok in a real kitchen was I think the equal of 6 gas hobs. So super hot that if you left food lying in the wok for several seconds it would get burnt.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment