Sunday 10 May 2015

Steak dinner

I had some leftover bulk tenderloin I had bought from Giant. The last time, I complained it was rather relatively tasteless, so this time I brined it overnight in a 5% salt solution with balsamic vinegar and mirrin.

I then cooked it at 59.5C for 6 hours. Result was a perfectly tender steak - still chewy but short of breaking apart - you can almost cut it with a fork. Was tasty as well.

To accompany it,
  1. A steak sauce made from creme fraiche, djion mustard, lots of cracked pepper tossed in over a smoked pork belly and onion fry. Added red wine, reduced and then sieved. Not bad.
  2. Bread I baked earlier. A bit overproofed as I said, but still tasty and the crust was good.
  3. Blanched french beans in sesame dressing.
  4. A eggplant, tart green apple puree with a small bit of ginger, parts of it caramelized in my pressure cooker. Tastes nice by itself, but didn't go with the meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment