Monday 10 November 2014

Nice Steak dinner


Did a steak dinner with steak (of course), broccoli puree, mashed potatoes, homemade ketchup and boiled corn. My attempt at plating, was as usual, pretty bad.

The puree was broccoli pressure cooked for 15 mins with a bit of baking soda and butter to yield a caramelized mix, which I then blended with a bit of coconut cream, salt and thai limes (to taste). Was quite nice - I can repeat this.

The ketchup was tomato paste with water, salt pressure cooked and then mixed with tarragon vinegar, paprika powder, garlic powder,  sugar, and my orange liquer (limoncello variant). Taste was quite unusual and nice, but a bit too liquid.

Mashed potato was a variation of my usual where I added parsnip for a nutty, savory taste.

Steak was Australian ribeye at $5.5 per 100g. Pre-seared then cooked with a rosemary sprig at low temp for 2.5 hours. After it came out, I only put a pat of butter on top with some of the cooking liquid and salt. Nice and tender, and it goes well with the wine.


















No comments:

Post a Comment