Saturday 18 October 2014

Nasi Kuning variation

Flavor was good. Texture not so good (rice sticky and I had to rescue it).

2 cups of rice. 3 cups of fluid including coconut milk. I used too much coconut milk and the result was some wet mess while the rice was still semi-hard. I think the milk doesn't get into the rice properly. I rescued it by scooping out some of the rice into another pot, adding more water and cooking it. Next time, 2 cups water and 1 cup milk I think.

Rest of ingredients. 1 onion (diced and slowly fried in oil together with 10 pieces of cardamon). 2 star anise, one core of lemon grass smashed, 2 garlic, 1/2 to 1 teaspoon tumeric powder, 2 pieces of ginger, half a cinnamon stick.

Fry the onion with cardamon first slowly until onions are nicely translucent and fragrant. Then add rice and carefully coat the rice with oil. Then add the other ingredients and the fluid.

When rice is done, spoon raisins into the rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment