Sunday 5 October 2014

Family dinner and first time terrine


Had a family dinner tonight. The only notable things in it :

Good (sort of). Terrine (made with liver, pork belly, bacon, and shoulder. Leeks, mushrooms and spring onions) tasted good, but the texture wasn't so good. It doesn't really hold together very well. Also because of the problem with the blending of the meat, I had large chunks in it. Goes well with the salsa (spring onions, tomato, raw onion, and a tiny drop of apple cider) as well as the traditional corniche of course.

Uninspiring. Carrots cooked low temp with a bit of honey and ginger. Pretty soso and because I didn't dare to use too much ginger, it did not have the ginger taste in any significant way.

Chicken thighs. Thought I'd try low temp cooking. I think my traditional way of brining the meat and then roasting it in the oven would have turned out just as well or better and less hassle. Am I doing something wrong? Also the chicken skin was not dried enough and didn't brown properly - it also tended to fall off.










No comments:

Post a Comment