Saturday 13 July 2013

My first Apple Danish

I did a Apple Danish for the first time today.

Based quite faithfully on this recipe (for once I did no significant deviation) : http://acozykitchen.com/apple-cheese-danish/ 

I did use a bit more vanilla and a little less icing. 

Result tasted quite nice (seems like everyone liked it) but could have been better. In particular I was too conservative with the icing else the sweet, tart, savory balance was good. My icing looks weird too - i think i didn't get the mix exactly right and my drip squeeze technique is bad or something.

Rather a lot of photos this time coz of the unfamiliar process.


Spread cream cheese mixture.
Apple slices (with cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg and lemon juice)

First fold

Start of braiding
Done braiding
With egg wash

Had a little conundrum on how to lift the pastry out of the waxed paper onto the tray. Solved by putting the pastry + wax paper into the freezer for half an hour. It came off nicely and I then let it sit for a while to warm up before putting in oven.

Finished product.
Fearsome looking chopper contributed by my Father in Law, but it does the trick of cutting neatly.











No comments:

Post a Comment