Saturday 10 December 2016

Spanish Tortilla


This was a hit too tonight.

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/spanish-tortilla

I took a hint from the above link to first slowly cook the potatoes and onions/bell pepper in lots of oil (basically braise it in oil). Then cool it and mix it into the egg mixture.

(I reused the oil for the porchetta)

I then cooked it for the first part of the combined eggs/potatoes/onions in the pan, then finished it off in the oven under the broiler. As this was my first time, I monitored the temp - when it hit 55C, I transferred it to the pre heated broiler and took it out when it was browned and the internal temp is 69C. Residual cooking did the rest.

69C is probably too high - the temp would continue to rise for a while. I might take it out at a lower temp - say 65C - just to get some runny parts in the dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment